STILL I HOPE FOR MORE, AND MORE, IN THIS LITTLE FAIRY WORLD.

Let me hear you call my name.
Navis are on the left, you know what to do. Hate me, scram. Love me, stay. Simple as that ;)


My name is Thong Yen. :D You can call me whatever you want which I dont really mind.
Currently living in London to taste the RAINBOW of UNITED KINGDOM!
There are twenty-one candles on my previous birthday cake. My BORN-DAY is on 16th of MARCH.
Describe myself? Hmmmm. ;) I'm just AWESOME. :P
I don't talk to strangers but I can be super talkative when I'm with my friends.
My addiction ; EDC & Runningman <3
I eat whenever I'm happy or sad.
Harry Potter is the most awesome movie series in this world. I watched SURVIVOR & ROOMMATE! :3
My dream car? AUDI TT (⌒▽⌒)☆

C to the L to the O to the T

thongyen316@gmail.com ❤❤
Favourite Quote ; Imagination creates possibilities for success and fulfillment.

THE MINUTE YOU THINK OF GIVING UP, THINK OF THE REASON WHY YOU HELD ON SO LONG!
Leave me a message/comment before you fly off, thankiuuuu! ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
More than words.


Photo Of The Month ❤
You know you love me, too.
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)
Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively.
Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo
Tips to survive in London
March 20, 2016
I'm not a pro but I thought so of writing this post long time ago. So here it goes ;)

Accommodation
1. University accommodation
2. Others
Facebook Group : Malaysian Students Flat Exchange - London
I only know about London one obviously but I'm sure you can find other city's group on Facebook.

Grocery Shopping
Of course, Tesco and Sainsbury are the two famous one which you can find them everywhere. But let me tell you, you can get cheaper grocery in Iceland, Poundland, 99p Store or Lidl. Not everything in Lidl is cheap but some are. So yeah, do your price comparison before you do your shopping. For example, I got my 18 eggs in Tesco for £1.49 if I'm not mistaken. Cheap huh?

My top 2 favourite are obviously Iceland & Lidl but it also depends on location.

Tesco Express & Tesco Local & Tesco Metro have different prices on their products. And yeah, they are called price discrimination.

Bank
Barclays is the easiest to apply in my opinion. The debit card reaches to you pretty quickly. So if you're new in London and needed a card urgent, go apply Barclays. :)
Btw, you need to book appointment before you open a new bank account. (Applies to every bank I guess)
But my personal fav one is TSB.
Nationwide and Lloyds are equivalent good too!

If you have enough money, apply Club Lloyds

You get benefits such as : -
As a Club Lloyds customer you can choose a different lifestyle benefit every year per account from: 
6 cinema tickets,
an annual magazine subscription, 
or annual Gourmet Society membership.

6 cinema tickets worth around 60+ pounds. :O 

Travelling
3 choices actually. 
Either you walk, take bus or take tube. 
Before 9 and 4-7pm are peak hours. The rate to take tube would be higher. Normal price travel between zone 1 to zone 2 is £2.30. (It has been revised to £2.40 this year.)

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/fares


Bus fair is flat rate - £1.50.
You have to actually press the “stop” button for the bus to stop. Or you have to signal the oncoming bus by waving your hand if you want to get on it. 

But it also depends that whether your house is nearer to tube or bus station.

I would recommend to get the rail card cause it's cheaper and the cap fee would be lower, provided if you stay in London.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/railcards

Useful App
Citymapper
Londoners practically couldn't live without this app. It's like life saverrrrr. 

Weather App is pretty useful too! I had the habit to check tomorrow's weather every night before I sleep and before I head out.

Jump
App that tells you that when the next bus will arrive. I love it cause I take bus quite often.

YELP
When you don't know what to eat and are not familiar with the place. Of course you can google it also :P

Ebay & Amazon
You can find whatever shit u want there and it's definitely cheaper than Argos and Ikea.

Argos
From technology to home & garden to clothing. You named it.

Mobile Network
Giffgaff is the best! Okay, it's the cheapest. With 10 pounds, you get 500 minutes of calls and text messages and 1GB internet. And you only need to top up once every 3 month to keep it alive if you don't need 3G

I heard from my friend that three is quite nice also. Not sure about the price thou.

ASOS
I believe that no one in London/UK don't know about this website. Free delivery above 20 pounds and FREEEEE RETURNS. Wuhoooo! and they sell tonnes of stuff mostly clothing la. Students get 10% discount all year long.

Cheap & fast food
MCD. Costa. Wasabi. Subway. Pret. Eat. Leon and etc.

Once I saw this article online, you walk 30 steps anywhere and try to throw a rock, you will definitely hit a Pret. HAHAHAH I know it's exaggerating but still you can find Pret everywhere. 

Opening times
Different grocery stores, restaurants ( different branch ), museum have different opening times. Check before you go.

Musical
I have only been to 3 musicals. My personal fav is Phantom of the Opera. So go watch a musical when you're London. It's A MUST!!!

Unidays & Myvouchercodes
Unidays iz awesomeee! Tons of discounts, mostly clothing website. Go check it out before any online shopping for discount code.
Same goes to myvouchercodes.

Topcashback
Login to the website, buy stuff online and get cash back rebate. :P

Graze
One box of graze free for the first time then you can decide whether to unsubscribe it or not.

The BodyShop
My favourite body shower brand while I'm in UK cause it's freaking cheap. At least 30/40% off on weekly basis. You will get 50% when you're lucky or free gifts! 

Beauty Products
GO Boots or Superdrug!

Shopping
Debenham, Selfridges, House of Fraser, John Lewis and of course not to forget the oh-so-famous Harrods.
Oxford Street itself is enough. You might go crazy!

Primark
Primark is the best! for cheap clothing, accessories, shoes, bedding products and basically EVERYTHING. I can spend hours and hours in Primark cause everything is so cheap even after conversion rate. YAYYYYY!

DO NOT VISIT ANGUS STEAKHOUSE IN LONDON. 
I REPEAT!
DO NOT VISIT ANGUS STEAKHOUSE IN LONDON.

Must try in London
I pick three okay. There is a lot actuallyyyyyy.
Burger & Lobster
Duck & Waffle
Breakfast Club

Refer to my previous post ; 
http://thongyen.blogspot.my/2015/05/10-must-try-restaurants-in-london.html

Cheers, Thankyou & Sorry
You just need to keep in mind for the words above. Londoners use these 3 words everyday! 

Queueing 24/7
Yes. We queue everywhere. It's pretty normal thing for Londoners. 

Be on time
When you are in Rome do as Romans do.
When you are in London do as Londoners do, BE ON TIME ;)

Do not flag a black cab. 
I repeat again!
DO NOT FLAG A BLACK CAB cause it's expensive like hell. Use Uber or Kabbee! Check for the discount code too!

Keep right if you are not in the rush. 
Don't ever stand on the left lane. People will hate you. Hahah, not kidding. Especially during peak hours.

You alright?
‘That everyone is keep on asking me if I’m alright. Yes, I am alright, thank you. HAHAHAHAH
It's actually London's How are you?
They are expecting you to share your daily life or happening stuff over the weekend.


As I said, I only live in London for 1.5 years. I don't know exactly everything but hope this helps :) 

March 20, 2016 Sunday, March 20, 2016
Tips to survive in London
I'm not a pro but I thought so of writing this post long time ago. So here it goes ;)

Accommodation
1. University accommodation
2. Others
Facebook Group : Malaysian Students Flat Exchange - London
I only know about London one obviously but I'm sure you can find other city's group on Facebook.

Grocery Shopping
Of course, Tesco and Sainsbury are the two famous one which you can find them everywhere. But let me tell you, you can get cheaper grocery in Iceland, Poundland, 99p Store or Lidl. Not everything in Lidl is cheap but some are. So yeah, do your price comparison before you do your shopping. For example, I got my 18 eggs in Tesco for £1.49 if I'm not mistaken. Cheap huh?

My top 2 favourite are obviously Iceland & Lidl but it also depends on location.

Tesco Express & Tesco Local & Tesco Metro have different prices on their products. And yeah, they are called price discrimination.

Bank
Barclays is the easiest to apply in my opinion. The debit card reaches to you pretty quickly. So if you're new in London and needed a card urgent, go apply Barclays. :)
Btw, you need to book appointment before you open a new bank account. (Applies to every bank I guess)
But my personal fav one is TSB.
Nationwide and Lloyds are equivalent good too!

If you have enough money, apply Club Lloyds

You get benefits such as : -
As a Club Lloyds customer you can choose a different lifestyle benefit every year per account from: 
6 cinema tickets,
an annual magazine subscription, 
or annual Gourmet Society membership.

6 cinema tickets worth around 60+ pounds. :O 

Travelling
3 choices actually. 
Either you walk, take bus or take tube. 
Before 9 and 4-7pm are peak hours. The rate to take tube would be higher. Normal price travel between zone 1 to zone 2 is £2.30. (It has been revised to £2.40 this year.)

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/fares


Bus fair is flat rate - £1.50.
You have to actually press the “stop” button for the bus to stop. Or you have to signal the oncoming bus by waving your hand if you want to get on it. 

But it also depends that whether your house is nearer to tube or bus station.

I would recommend to get the rail card cause it's cheaper and the cap fee would be lower, provided if you stay in London.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/railcards

Useful App
Citymapper
Londoners practically couldn't live without this app. It's like life saverrrrr. 

Weather App is pretty useful too! I had the habit to check tomorrow's weather every night before I sleep and before I head out.

Jump
App that tells you that when the next bus will arrive. I love it cause I take bus quite often.

YELP
When you don't know what to eat and are not familiar with the place. Of course you can google it also :P

Ebay & Amazon
You can find whatever shit u want there and it's definitely cheaper than Argos and Ikea.

Argos
From technology to home & garden to clothing. You named it.

Mobile Network
Giffgaff is the best! Okay, it's the cheapest. With 10 pounds, you get 500 minutes of calls and text messages and 1GB internet. And you only need to top up once every 3 month to keep it alive if you don't need 3G

I heard from my friend that three is quite nice also. Not sure about the price thou.

ASOS
I believe that no one in London/UK don't know about this website. Free delivery above 20 pounds and FREEEEE RETURNS. Wuhoooo! and they sell tonnes of stuff mostly clothing la. Students get 10% discount all year long.

Cheap & fast food
MCD. Costa. Wasabi. Subway. Pret. Eat. Leon and etc.

Once I saw this article online, you walk 30 steps anywhere and try to throw a rock, you will definitely hit a Pret. HAHAHAH I know it's exaggerating but still you can find Pret everywhere. 

Opening times
Different grocery stores, restaurants ( different branch ), museum have different opening times. Check before you go.

Musical
I have only been to 3 musicals. My personal fav is Phantom of the Opera. So go watch a musical when you're London. It's A MUST!!!

Unidays & Myvouchercodes
Unidays iz awesomeee! Tons of discounts, mostly clothing website. Go check it out before any online shopping for discount code.
Same goes to myvouchercodes.

Topcashback
Login to the website, buy stuff online and get cash back rebate. :P

Graze
One box of graze free for the first time then you can decide whether to unsubscribe it or not.

The BodyShop
My favourite body shower brand while I'm in UK cause it's freaking cheap. At least 30/40% off on weekly basis. You will get 50% when you're lucky or free gifts! 

Beauty Products
GO Boots or Superdrug!

Shopping
Debenham, Selfridges, House of Fraser, John Lewis and of course not to forget the oh-so-famous Harrods.
Oxford Street itself is enough. You might go crazy!

Primark
Primark is the best! for cheap clothing, accessories, shoes, bedding products and basically EVERYTHING. I can spend hours and hours in Primark cause everything is so cheap even after conversion rate. YAYYYYY!

DO NOT VISIT ANGUS STEAKHOUSE IN LONDON. 
I REPEAT!
DO NOT VISIT ANGUS STEAKHOUSE IN LONDON.

Must try in London
I pick three okay. There is a lot actuallyyyyyy.
Burger & Lobster
Duck & Waffle
Breakfast Club

Refer to my previous post ; 
http://thongyen.blogspot.my/2015/05/10-must-try-restaurants-in-london.html

Cheers, Thankyou & Sorry
You just need to keep in mind for the words above. Londoners use these 3 words everyday! 

Queueing 24/7
Yes. We queue everywhere. It's pretty normal thing for Londoners. 

Be on time
When you are in Rome do as Romans do.
When you are in London do as Londoners do, BE ON TIME ;)

Do not flag a black cab. 
I repeat again!
DO NOT FLAG A BLACK CAB cause it's expensive like hell. Use Uber or Kabbee! Check for the discount code too!

Keep right if you are not in the rush. 
Don't ever stand on the left lane. People will hate you. Hahah, not kidding. Especially during peak hours.

You alright?
‘That everyone is keep on asking me if I’m alright. Yes, I am alright, thank you. HAHAHAHAH
It's actually London's How are you?
They are expecting you to share your daily life or happening stuff over the weekend.


As I said, I only live in London for 1.5 years. I don't know exactly everything but hope this helps :) 
| 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



DARlinks.
My Facebook
Sugoideas
Aaron
Bryan
Celine
Chelle
ChiaHui
Eeling
Eminey
Eugene
Fatty
Frances
HanRui
HuanHee
Huiyee
Jasmine
JeenVern
JenBhin
JieJiun
JooLin
Joyce
Jwen
Kah Yee
KahMung
Keith
Kenke
KhaiChai
Kherjia
Liing
LingLing
MakZai
MayChing
Meow
Meeshell
Mojojo
MunHong
Munkuen
Panda
QingYan
Qinyi
S h u
Shumeen
Soon
Swing
Tzien
WanQi
WeiShiu
Wendy
WoeiShya
YeeHui
Yen Hao
Yi Leng
Yong Xin
YuhJiun